Oven Depot Hacks: Beef Pepper Lunch
Introducing our Oven Depot hacks: A series where we experiment with the Ooni oven & recreate our favorite dishes!
This week we tried to make Sizzling Beef Pepper Rice reminiscent of weekends spent eating Pepper Lunch by the food court. We used the Ooni Koda 12 & the Ooni Cast Iron Skillet, the best combination for retaining high heat & achieving those perfectly crisp yet tender beef strips! 🔥🔥
Beef Pepper lunch Recipe
- 800g sukiyaki cut beef
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 White onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 6tbsp butter
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- thinly sliced spring onions
- sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Tamari
- 1/4 Cup Oyster Sauce
- Preheat your Ooni oven to 420F.
- Prepare the Sweet sauce: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside. Season meat strips with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat strips inside cast iron with onion, garlic, butter, oil, and soy sauce.
- Once the meat is cooked, place the rice and corn in the cast iron and allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pull cast iron out and add sliced spring onions and sesame oil for garnish.
- Drizzle with prepared sweet sauce.
- Dig in!
Check out our Instagram post for the full video!