Ooni Recipe Book: The Burrata Pizza Recipe
Our simple yet decadent version of the basic Burrata pizza is the epitome of an authentic Italian pizza filled with cheesy goodness. It's a perfect mix of different flavor combinations– the sweetness from fresh basil, tartness from tomato, savory flavors from the prosciutto, and ultra-creaminess from the burrata.
All you need are simple ingredients to create this delectable pizza. Burrata is such a rich and creamy cheese, making it an excellent pizza topping that will give your pizza that instant upgrade.
Makes 1 x 12/16”
- 8.8/11.6oz (250/330g) classic pizza dough
- 5 tbsp (90 ml) classic pizza sauce
- 2 to 3 slices prosciutto
- 9 oz (150 g) Burrata
- 6 to 8 basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp (40 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1. Prepare your classic pizza dough ahead of time.
2. You can use any pizza sauce for this pizza, but we recommend our simple classic pizza sauce. It’s the perfect base for your favorite toppings and will complement the smoky crust with flavors of garlic, basil and tangy tomatoes.
3. Bring the burrata up to room temperature by leaving on the counter for about 30 minutes before you’re ready to make your pizza.
4. Preheat your Ooni pizza oven to 500˚C (932˚F). Use the Ooni Infrared Thermometer to check the temperature inside the oven.
5. Sprinkle your Ooni pizza peel with a light dusting of flour. Place the dough ball down and flatten with the palm of your hand. Press the dough gently with the tips of your fingers, working from the center to the outer “crust”. Gently pick up the dough and stretch it out to 12” or 16”, allowing the weight of the dough to stretch it.
6. Spread the classic pizza sauce evenly across the dough, leaving a 1 inch border for the crust.
7. Slide your sauced pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven. Cook the pizza, rotating frequently, until the crust is crisp with small charred bubbles. In your Ooni pizza oven, this only takes a couple of minutes!
8. Remove your pizza from the oven and lay the prosciutto down in ribbons on top. Place the burrata in the middle and sprinkle on the basil leaves. Finish with a thin stream of olive oil over the top
Original recipe by Ooni HQ.