- Which Gravity Series® models does the Rotisserie attachment currently fit
- Currently the Rotisserie attachment kit is compatible with the Gravity Series® 1050, 800 and 560.
- What Gravity Series®grills/smokers have a griddle attachment?
- The Flat Top Griddle is included with the Gravity Series® 800 and is available for purchase as an accessory for the Gravity Series® 1050.
- Will the Stickers/POP on the unit peel or chip paint when removing?
- No, these are meant to peel away without damaging the unit.
- Do I need to preseason my grill?
- Yes, it is very important to preseason your grill before cooking. Pre-seasoning helps to burn off any chemicals and oils left over from the manufacturing process.
Steps to pre-season your grill:
- Fill the hopper with charcoal approximately ¼ - ½ full.
- Start your grill following the START-UP instructions and set the temperature to 250°F (121°C) for 60 minutes.
- Next, set the temperature to 400°F (204°C) for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, shut down the grill following the SHUTDOWN instructions.
- Allow grill to cool COMPLETELY.
- After the grill has cooled, use a napkin or cloth to rub a light coat of cooking oil on smoke and sear grates, warming/smoking racks, charcoal grate and the inside of the grill lid and body.
- Then, repeat steps 3-6 at a temperature of 350°F (176°C).
- Can I line my racks/grates with foil?
- Lining your racks or grates with foil is not advised for optimal air flow and cooking results.
- Can I control the air flow with the slides?
- No, slides should be removed from the unit while cooking.
- Why is my unit smoking so much? Too much smoke?
- A lot of smoke is normal after your charcoal is lit when building a fire. As heat builds, the smoke will change to a thin blue smoke, this means you are ready to cook.
- Can I leave the hopper lid open while cooking?
- No, fire will bridge upward if the lid is left open.
- How do I cook with wood chunks?
- For On-Demand smoke, add 1-2 chunks (no larger than your fist) directly to the ash bin. This will last approximately 2-3 hours.
- For Controlled smoke, add four (4) pounds of charcoal and one (1) wood chunk, creating layers of charcoal and wood chunks.
- Can I smoke with Wood Chips?
- No, this is not recommended.
- Can I cook/smoke with logs?
- No, we do not recommend smoking with any wood chunks larger than the size of a fist. Chunks larger than fist size will create too much heat on the door and cause damage to the unit.
- Will the grill lose heat when the lid is open?
- Yes. It's normal for heat to escape when the grill list is open. However, if the temperature is set to anything under 500°F and the lid is opened, the DigitalFan will run continuously to try and maintain the set temperature. If the temperature is set to anything above 500°F and the lid is opened, the grill will default the temperature to 500°F for safety. Once the lid is closed, the grill will return to the set temperature.
- How do I turn off my grill when I'm done cooking?
- Close the all lids. Press and hold the Power button until the grill powers off. The two slides will be used to smother the fire. Put the small slide through the bottom slot and the larger slide through the upper slot. If the slide will not go in fully, it may have slid behind the shroud and was not properly inserted in the sleeve. Pull the slide out, make sure it is parallel to the slot and try again. The “M” should be facing upright.
*Failure to insert slides will cause remaining charcoal to burn and could cause damage to grill.
*Do not store or cover until the grill has completely cooled.